Saturday, January 9, 2010

Starting day. Sunday January 3, 2010

Starting day. I picked the worst day to begin my training. 22 degrees with a wind chill factor of 10 degrees F. Just lovely. However if I dont begin today, I feel like I never will. So i bundeled up: three layers 1. long underwear, 2. hoodie, 3. Thermal fleece, not to mention turtle fur, facemask and gloves/hat.
i am using a training method called the maffetone method, he is a doctor who started this plan, for a pain free endurance experience. I was surprised that I didn't struggle more during the "run". todays plan was a 30 minute workout. It went surprisingly better than i had imagined, and ended with a burst of energy. i wasn't cold once I got moving, and i am proud that i never once altered the running plan to my advantage! yah, workout number one : SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment